Vitreous is a gel-like component in the eye that fills the posterior part of the globe giving it the typical round shape. In vitreous degeneration the normally clear and gel-like vitreous becomes watery and there might even be small amounts of the vitreous leaking to the anterior chamber. In addition, some small snowflake-like particles might be seen floating in the vitreous.
Italian Greyhound, Whippet.
Samples from vitreous degeneration affected dogs in any breed are welcome.
Which samples are needed:
- dogs that have been diagnosed with vitreous degeneration
- close relatives (parents, siblings, offspring) of the affected dogs
- healthy dogs over 6 years of age
Veterinary certificate copies requested from all eye examined dogs
- veterinary ophthalmological certificates
- other veterinary certificates
Saija Ahonen, MSc. (email@example.com)
Maria Kaukonen, DVM (firstname.lastname@example.org)
phone +358 (0) 29 4125678