Microphthalmia is a congenital eye disease in which the eyes are smaller than normally and one or several parts of the eye is affected. Microphthalmia can be accompanied by other developmental malformations in extraocular tissues such as liver, kidney or heart.
Irish Soft-Coated Wheaten Terriers
Samples from microphthalmia affected dogs in any breed are welcome.
Which samples are needed:
- dogs that have been diagnosed with microphthalmia
- close relatives (parents, siblings, offspring) of the affected dogs
- healthy dogs over 6 years of age
Veterinary certificate copies requested from all eye examined dogs
- veterinary ophthalmological certificates
- other veterinary certificates
Maria Kaukonen, DVM (email@example.com)
phone +358 (0) 29 4125678