Retinal dysplasia (RD) is a congenital abnormality in which the retina is folded and can be locally detached. In severe cases the entire retina can be detached. Retinal dysplasias are divided into three classes (multifocal, geographical, total RD) based on the severity of the detached retina.
American Cocker Spaniel
Samples from RD affected dogs in any breed are welcome.
Which samples are needed:
- dogs that have been diagnosed with RD
- close relatives (parents, siblings, offspring) of the affected dogs
- healthy dogs over 6 years of age
Veterinary certificate copies requested from all eye examined dogs
- veterinary ophthalmological certificates
- other veterinary certificates
Saija Ahonen, MSc. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Maria Kaukonen, DVM (email@example.com)
phone +358 (0) 29 4125678